Wednesday, March 10, 2010


"Think about any attachments that are depleting your emotional reserves. Consider letting them go."-- Oprah Winfrey

There is a specific situation in my life that I have had a hard time just letting go. I feel like I am that hiker that got stuck between two boulders in Colorado. He ended up cutting off his arm with his pocket knife to get unstuck. I don't know if I should wait it out or go for the pocket knife. Letting go is something I have never been good at. In many ways I have moved so far beyond this "situation" that I don't feel like I am on the same page as I was when the "situation" began. Over the past year my life has changed drastically, i.e. having twins and career change. I, in turn, have changed as well. I don't know if I fit in with previous mentioned "situation" anymore. I am really questioning how much I really want it in my life any longer.

Anyway, so here I sit, pondering over what I should do without any clear answer. It is still as convoluted as ever.

On another note, yesterday I was able to score some beautiful yarn from the MadTosh update. I can't wait to receive all of the pretty little skeins in the mail and figure out what I will make with them. I am still working on Candace's birthday surprise. It is coming along, just not as fast as I expected. :) Will post pictures when I finish!

Photo by Susannah Conway: Ink on My Fingers

2 comments:

  1. looking forward to your updates!

    the first year with children is a HUGE adjustment, and yours is HUGEx2. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, just by reading what you have written, you sound like you have almost made up your mind what to do. (like 99% sure) Trust what you are feeling in your heart and let it go.

    It is difficult giving an opinion what to do without knowing your problem , but this is truly what I feel I am understanding from your words. xoxoxo ~Joan

    ReplyDelete